UPDATED: May 15, 2020
RiverLife Church Family,
Thank you so much for your faithful commitment to God and His church throughout this coronavirus pandemic. Despite times of uncertainty, God is sovereignly watching over His children giving peace, joy and hope for the future.
I want to give you an update about our next step. We have begun a three-phase plan to re-open the building for services beginning Sunday, May 10th. Our state is re-opened with social distancing restrictions on May 4th and we have re-opened with special social distancing measures as well.
People share different opinions about how restricted these measures should be, but I am asking you to please make every effort to follow our guidelines in order to be considerate to all who may be attending, especially those who may be more “at risk” than others. Romans 14 teaches believers to live in consideration of the concerns of others in the family of God.
Important Information now that we have re-opened the building for service:
New Service Times Beginning May 10
New Sunday service times
- 8:30 am
- 10:00 am
- 11:30 am
Social Distancing and Safety Protocols
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at the entrance. Please sanitize your hands when entering the building.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or hugging during Phase One and maintain six feet of separation as much as possible.
- Feel free to wear a mask throughout the service.
- Our lobby is not large, so in order to keep it from getting congested, please don’t congregate inside. Feel free to go outside and enjoy time to fellowship with the church family.
- Seating has been scaled down in rows of 2-5 chairs in order to give 6 feet of separation between rows. Rows have been changed to accommodate individuals, couples or families. Please sit in a row that fits your family size when possible. Overflow seating has also been established in the kids’ ministry area. When the sanctuary seating is full, you will be directed to the overflow seating areas. If the building reaches capacity, the service will also be broadcast into the parking lot on an FM radio station. Feel free to listen from your car and still see your friends outside.
- Offering buckets will be placed in the rear of the sanctuary and will not be passed around during the service.
- The building is cleaned regularly with special emphasis on sanitizing areas that are frequently touched.
Kids’ Ministry in Phase One
- Phase One will be family services where children will remain with their parents during the service. The nursery will be open for parents to care for their baby’s needs.
- Our Kid Min Team will continue to produce online content for children’s ministry which will be broadcast online after the 11:30 service on the RiverLife Church YouTube Channel or anytime during the week on the RiverLife Kids YouTube Channel.
Thank you for your patience as we return to meeting in the church building. For those who are not ready to join a crowd yet, please stay connected online until you are ready to return. Our services will be broadcast at 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30. Again, I am so proud of our church family during this difficult season. We have continued to minister to our community and expanded our reach online. Please keep praying as we share God’s love with a world desperately in need of HOPE FOR EVERY GENERATION!
Jerry J. Jeter